Is it smart to part with my Polestar 2?
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 12:23 pm
Six months have passed since I purchased my Polestar 2 Standard Range Single Motor. For the asking price of £11,995, you get a very nice vehicle.
Tragically, another motorist slammed into the vehicle at the beginning of June. After we discussed the details, their insurance company paid out my claim quickly. They decided to intervene by renting me an Audi A6 etron. I wasn't going to make a huge fuss about it.
Due to previous paint chips and scratches, the entire front end of the car has been repaired, which looks great. Plus, the P2 is attractive. Even though my wife hates it, she's content in the ID.3's lower seating position, which I prefer.
The dealer and finance company have ignored the car's ongoing air conditioning problem, which is something I really dislike. (I used financing to buy the car, and I've paid off all but £100.) After contacting the Financial Ombudsman, it appears that the finance company will persist in their slow response. Rejecting the car might be my sole choice.
If this were to occur... Is it better to simply get another P2 or to consider other possibilities? Despite my admiration for the A6, I couldn't justify spending four times as much on it because it was too big for my driveway. A coupé might be acceptable, though I am not a huge fan of SUVs. The P2 SRSM has 224 horsepower, but I'd prefer something with a bit more interior space and power. It should still have the P2's sporting and handling qualities.
Tragically, another motorist slammed into the vehicle at the beginning of June. After we discussed the details, their insurance company paid out my claim quickly. They decided to intervene by renting me an Audi A6 etron. I wasn't going to make a huge fuss about it.
Due to previous paint chips and scratches, the entire front end of the car has been repaired, which looks great. Plus, the P2 is attractive. Even though my wife hates it, she's content in the ID.3's lower seating position, which I prefer.
The dealer and finance company have ignored the car's ongoing air conditioning problem, which is something I really dislike. (I used financing to buy the car, and I've paid off all but £100.) After contacting the Financial Ombudsman, it appears that the finance company will persist in their slow response. Rejecting the car might be my sole choice.
If this were to occur... Is it better to simply get another P2 or to consider other possibilities? Despite my admiration for the A6, I couldn't justify spending four times as much on it because it was too big for my driveway. A coupé might be acceptable, though I am not a huge fan of SUVs. The P2 SRSM has 224 horsepower, but I'd prefer something with a bit more interior space and power. It should still have the P2's sporting and handling qualities.