Page 1 of 1
Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:17 am
by BMW_Fan2020
Hello everyone,
I'm just starting out here and could use some pointers. I'm in the market for new rotors and pads and was hoping someone could suggest some good brands. From what I've read, Zimmerman and textar are solid options in the UK, but how do they stack up against OEM?
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:17 am
by David_Smith2003
As far as I can tell, Textar is on M2, so they are probably OEM.
If not better, Zimmerman is on par with OEM.
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:21 am
by godisgreat
See VNE for discs; they manufacture for BMW; and, as mentioned before, I've textar in my M4.however, Zimmerman are also fantastic.
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:22 am
by BMW_Fan2020
Kudos, everyone! I really value it.
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:22 am
by BMW_Fan2020
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:42 am
by godisgreat
I purchased my VNE on eBay a few months ago when the seller was offering a discount. I paid £404 for the front discs and £90 for the treadar pads and wear sensor. The original discs were still on the car at the time, which had 40,000 miles on it. The difference in stopping force was noticeable.
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:42 am
by BMW_Fan2020
Thank you, buddy. I believe I saw something similar on eBay when I was considering making a purchase.
Would you mind if I started a new thread specifically for questions about shocks?
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:43 am
by godisgreat
no, simply choose your forum subpage (e.g., 2 series or technical) and start a new topic. I would assume it will be the same as any 40i, such as 1 series or maybe 3 series or 4 series. Look it up on realoem.com. What are you after? Stock or coil overs? If you wanted more, you could try bilsrein or springs and shocks, but most people would just go with springs. Been people on cutters in B4 and B8. I'm satisfied with the current state of M cars; they're designed as track cars turned street cars, so there's no need to complain about their suspension.
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:44 am
by BMW_Fan2020
The rear shock on my bike has just burst, but I was hoping to get four new Bilstein B8 shocks and some Eibach springs to go with them. Because Bilstein's replacement shocks for EDC are so expensive, I was thinking about getting rid of my EDC system altogether.
Re: Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:45 am
by godisgreat
yeh can do that,find a decent indy who can do it.