Hello everyone,
I'm just starting out here and could use some pointers. I'm in the market for new rotors and pads and was hoping someone could suggest some good brands. From what I've read, Zimmerman and textar are solid options in the UK, but how do they stack up against OEM?
Advice on brake rotors for the M235i (F22) in the United Kingdom
-
David_Smith2003
- Moderator
- Posts: 160
- Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:45 pm
As far as I can tell, Textar is on M2, so they are probably OEM.
If not better, Zimmerman is on par with OEM.
If not better, Zimmerman is on par with OEM.
-
godisgreat
- Moderator
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:30 pm
See VNE for discs; they manufacture for BMW; and, as mentioned before, I've textar in my M4.however, Zimmerman are also fantastic.
-
BMW_Fan2020
- Moderator
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:15 pm
Kudos, everyone! I really value it.
-
godisgreat
- Moderator
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:30 pm
I purchased my VNE on eBay a few months ago when the seller was offering a discount. I paid £404 for the front discs and £90 for the treadar pads and wear sensor. The original discs were still on the car at the time, which had 40,000 miles on it. The difference in stopping force was noticeable.
-
BMW_Fan2020
- Moderator
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:15 pm
Thank you, buddy. I believe I saw something similar on eBay when I was considering making a purchase.
Would you mind if I started a new thread specifically for questions about shocks?
Would you mind if I started a new thread specifically for questions about shocks?
-
godisgreat
- Moderator
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:30 pm
no, simply choose your forum subpage (e.g., 2 series or technical) and start a new topic. I would assume it will be the same as any 40i, such as 1 series or maybe 3 series or 4 series. Look it up on realoem.com. What are you after? Stock or coil overs? If you wanted more, you could try bilsrein or springs and shocks, but most people would just go with springs. Been people on cutters in B4 and B8. I'm satisfied with the current state of M cars; they're designed as track cars turned street cars, so there's no need to complain about their suspension.
-
BMW_Fan2020
- Moderator
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:15 pm
The rear shock on my bike has just burst, but I was hoping to get four new Bilstein B8 shocks and some Eibach springs to go with them. Because Bilstein's replacement shocks for EDC are so expensive, I was thinking about getting rid of my EDC system altogether.
-
godisgreat
- Moderator
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:30 pm
yeh can do that,find a decent indy who can do it.