Hi there. Petrol R60 1.6L N16 FWD Countryman 2013 model year. Before I added a second keyfob, everything was fine. My investment in the XTOOL D8S has been a complete failure. Although it has only been a few days, maybe XTOOL will reply, but I have not received any contact from them yet. According to XTOOL, in order to marry a second key, it was necessary to downgrade the software on the CAS. Failure was reported by the XTOOL D8S during the downgrade. Now the vehicle has died entirely. I can't turn the keys on, not even the window cranks. The CAS is, in my opinion, extinct.
My daughter's new learning vehicle, which I had purchased only a few weeks ago, was totalled. I am devastated. Who here knows what I should do? Can I fix mine by taking the electronic control unit (DME) and the control and data module (CAS) from that vehicle? Aside from the keyfob, DME, and CAS, are there any other parts that I need to replace? Would greatly appreciate any assistance.
Feeling absolutely terrible about myself
