The F48 X1 xDrive20i xLine from BMW

A place for open-ended discussion on any car-related topic.
Post Reply
generic_user2
Moderator
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:20 pm

For the past five years, my better half has driven a Mercedes ML350cdi, and I must say, it is a beautiful, roomy, practical, fast, and reasonably priced vehicle. Problems with the diesel included a dreadful tax, an average of 25mpg while driving locally, and a sharp decline in her mileage. Additionally, the car was beginning to show its age and required some costly repairs, so we started searching for an alternative. Little but perfectly suited for the family, it's economical to run without being so sluggish that it becomes boring.

Our first choice was a gasoline-powered Mercedes GLA250; it met all of our needs but was out of our price range and we didn't want a weedier 1.6 turbo model. Which is why I proposed an X1. Although I've always had a soft spot for compact SUVs, she seems to really enjoy them, and her feelings for them have grown as we've learned more about them through research and online videos.

The 2016 X1 xDrive20i xLine, which has 76k miles on the odometer, was located. The laborious moniker signifies the xLine trim level, XWD, and 2.0 turbo engine. The standard equipment probably included upgraded cruise control, folding mirrors, and window glazing of some kind.
generic_user2
Moderator
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:20 pm

I was sceptical about how much I would enjoy this, but I am completely smitten. It has the handling of a hot hatch and the interior space of an SUV, making it much easier to park in tight spaces without sacrificing either. It's a zippy little car that gets 49mpg when you're driving. Incorporating stylish lighting and high-quality trims, it successfully elevates the feel of a compact vehicle.

Going from 190bhp to around 250bhp seems incredibly responsive, so I can't wait to have it remapped. It would be so much fun!
Samantha_Jones83
Senior
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 pm

The automobile is appealing delighted that it meets your expectations.
generic_user2
Moderator
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:20 pm

Haha, I'm surprised and delighted by it at the same time. :)
Jul4ster
Moderator
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:15 pm

Good job!
It appears to have an engine layout similar to a Mini, so I'm assuming it's front-wheel drive (FWD) rather than rear-wheel drive (RWD)?

The 190 horsepower 2.0i that came with my 420i is still in stock. Feel free to swap out the slap-on blind map for a remap with your own tune if you prefer. This got me thinking about how it would affect my ability to choose an insurance provider.
Some tuners can get 270 bhp out of that engine, but they have to wreck it to get it to its peak performance.
Pay close attention to the torque figures. Astoundingly, some assert an increase from 290 to 450 NM. As a safe and still-noticeable zone, I'd settle for 375 nautical miles.
Post Reply